Arizona Cactus Garden

April 1, 2014 • Events • Views: 691

Arizona Cactus Garden

Arizona Cactus Garden

The Arizona Garden is a historical garden in the process of renovation and preservation. It is located on the south side of the mausoleum off of Quarry Road between Campus Drive and Arboretum Road. The garden, also known as the Cactus Garden, was designed for Jane and Leland Stanford by landscape architect Rudolf Ulrich between 1881 and 1883. During the early years of the university, the Cactus Garden became the meeting place for many courting Stanford students.

Comments are closed.